What is Cryotherapy
Cryotherapy is brief exposure to extreme dry cold. How brief? In only 3 minutes you can:
- Reduce Inflammation
- Sleep deeper
- Relieve pain from joint disorders including rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyaligia
- Fight depression and anxiety
- Burn up to 600 calories and improve collagen levels
- Improve your Recovery Time (Better Workouts, recover faster from surgeries/muscular injuries)
- Improve skin conditions like psoariasis, blemishes and acne
How Do I Use Cryotherapy
Cryotherapy is very simple we provide you with special gear needed shoes socks and gloves to be exact. All you need to bring is metal-less underwear.
- Best used before a workout
- On a scheduled recovery day
- Lunch Break Rejuvenate
- Pairs wonderfully with a massage or compression therapy treatment
Cryotherapy Common Users
- Faster recovery means better results from harder training sessions
- New Injuries
- Recover faster from falls, minor tears, bumps, bruises, even common leg day soreness
- Chronic Pain Relief Crowd
- Fight Depression
- Relieve Anxiety
- Sleep Deeper
- Rejuvenate your mind
They all use Cryotherapy for slightly different reasons its about finding yours. Perhaps you want better sleep, make chronic pain more manageable naturally or perhaps your just an athlete looking to train harder for longer. No matter the reason there is a way we can help you.
History of Cryotherapy
Cryotherapy was actually invented in Japan originally for people with arthritis and titanium replacement patients ie hips/knees. Those patients more than most benefit the most from cold therapy itself.
With conventional cold therapies like cold showers and ice baths the moisture in those treatments cause deep tissue freeze which is what causes pain and tingling normally associated with cold.
Cryotherapy was invented with the intention to force the brain into a cold stress response but without the deep tissue freeze aka the pain and agony normally associated with cold therapy. Not to dispute the benefits of deep tissue freeze as it does have its benefits but it would be hard to argue repetitive use for it when concerning risk vs reward plus what good is a therapy when those who need it most cant utilize it because it causes too much pain.
When our body goes into a cold stress response our body launches our bloodflow from our extremities up to our heart and brain immediately. It is there where our brain goes into a fight or flight response which releases our natural adrenal hormone norepinephrine. Norepinepherine enriches our blood with vital enzymes and most important anti inflammatory markers that will improve your recovery time and relive pain to areas all over the body in need of relief.
Who Can't Use Cryotherapy
There are a few reasons some people cannot enjoy cryotherapy unfortunately the main things being.
- History of blood clotting
- History of Heart Attacks
- Extreme high blood pressure
- History of seizures
If you have any concern feel free to ask. One of our recovery specialists will be happy to talk you through it.